This post contains affiliate links. Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our website.
Want to know about DreamHost before you commit? This is the best DreamHost Review you will ever read.
DreamHost has been in the web hosting business for 18 years and is known for making it simple. You’ll get a custom dashboard, 1-click WordPress installation, automatic WordPress updates, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, and complimentary SSDs, which will speed up your website by 200 percent. Over 1.5 million WordPress blogs and webpages are hosted on DreamHost. They’re also a WordPress hosting company that comes highly rated. WPBeginner users enjoy a special 72 percent discount, as well as a free domain and SSL certificate.
- Hosting that has won awards
- Excellent client service
- WordPress has officially recommended this web host.
- Install WordPress with a single click
- Privacy, SSL, and a free domain
- Backups are made automatically every day.
- There isn’t any free email.
DreamHost is a popular award-winning hosting company that is officially recommended by WordPress.org. They provide domain registration and web hosting services, as well as WordPress-managed hosting. Whether you’re a novice blogger or an established business, their platform has everything you need to grow your website. Check out our DreamHost review to see if it’s a good fit for you.
We’ll put DreamHost’s promises to the test in our in-depth hosting review. We’ll look into the following areas for a complete picture:
- Performance: When it comes to creating great websites, speed is crucial. With DreamHost, how quickly will your website load?
- Will your website be up and running at all times, with no service interruptions?
- Customer Service: How good is DreamHost’s customer service?
- What features do they provide to make running your website easier?
- How much would it set you back? Are there any DreamHost coupons that you can use to save money?
This is a thorough DreamHost review with a lot of information. If you don’t want to read the entire review, here is a concise scorecard with our opinion.
|Average load time||330 ms|
|Average response time||77 ms|
|1-click WordPress Install||Yes|
|Support||Live Chat / Knowledge base|
In the end, we found DreamHost to be quick and dependable. They offer a variety of hosting options as well as helpful technical support.
So, let’s go into the DreamHost review in detail so you can compare our test results and make your own decision.
DreamHost Short History
Dallas Bethune, Josh Jones, Michael Rodriguez, and Sage Weil, four friends from Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California, launched DreamHost in 1997. DreamHost has grown to become one of the most well-known and popular web hosting providers since then. Over 1.5 million websites are now hosted on their servers, including over 750,000 WordPress installations. They were named Best Web Hosting Service in PCMag’s Business Choice Awards for 2014-2016.
DreamHost is also a carbon-neutral host that goes to great lengths to conserve resources in their own headquarters. They’re also members of the Green Chamber of Commerce in the United States.
DreamHost is a well-known web hosting company, but it isn’t for everyone. Before deciding on a plan, consider the following advantages and disadvantages.
- Award-Winning Hosting — DreamHost was named the best business hosting provider by PCMag readers. Readers praised them for their dependability and technical support.
- DreamHost offers a money-back guarantee of 97 days. That means you can terminate your account and obtain a full refund within 97 days of joining up.
- Every DreamHost plan includes one free domain name registration as well as domain privacy, which means your contact information isn’t made public on the internet.
- Monthly Billing Without a Setup Fee — DreamHost pricing options let you to pay on a month-to-month basis without incurring a setup fee.
- Daily Website Backups – All DreamHost plans include daily website backups. However, we always advise users to create their own real-time WordPress backups.
- DreamHost offers established periods for live chat support and an emailed-based ticket system, so support isn’t immediate. This means that you may have to wait a bit for a response.
- No email accounts – DreamHost’s WordPress shared hosting Starter package does not include email accounts. You can obtain it for $1.65 per month or utilize a third-party business email provider.
Tests of DreamHost’s Performance
We sign up for each top hosting service for our WordPress hosting reviews. Then, using our own performance tests, we created example websites to thoroughly test their claims.
We set up a hosting account with DreamHost and installed WordPress for this review. We used the default theme and used Theme Unit Test Data, which included media and photos, to populate our test site. As a result, our test site resembled a real WordPress site in appearance and behavior.
Results of DreamHost’s Speed Test
Nobody enjoys a sluggish website. For a better user experience and SEO, a quicker website is essential.
That’s why we started with a website performance test. We utilized Pingdom for this test, and the findings are as follows:
Our test site took less than half a second to load, which is fantastic. However, because our test site receives no visitors, this test does not provide a complete picture.
Results of the DreamHost Stress Test
Next, we wanted to examine how effectively DreamHost handled peak-hour website traffic. We utilized a technique called K6 to determine this (formerly called Load Impact).
We gradually increased the number of unique visitors to 100 to evaluate how the server would manage simultaneous requests from numerous connections.
Here’s the outcome of our first stress test.
The green line reflects the number of users on the site, while the blue line represents page load time.
As you can see, our site was up and running during the test. However, as the number of users increased, the response time increased.
This is due to the fact that we disabled DreamHost’s pre-installed WordPress caching solution. The stress test result increased considerably when we activated a caching plugin.
Our test site handled 97 requests per second (16,000 total) with an average response time of 77 milliseconds, as you can see.
Test Results for DreamHost’s Response Time
Following that, we wanted to see how our DreamHost test site handled requests from various geographical areas. We used a program called Bitcatcha to determine this.
As you can see, our response times were consistent over the world. They were especially well-received in North America and Europe.
Results of the DreamHost Uptime Test
It’s also worth noting that our website did not go down during the testing period. We utilize the downtime tracker because some hosting servers crash frequently during stress tests.
This is yet another indication that DreamHost is a trustworthy hosting provider.
Plans and Features of DreamHost Hosting
Web designers, developers, bloggers, and online companies can all benefit from DreamHost’s hosting services. Open-source technologies, programs, and platforms such as WordPress and Joomla are supported and used by them.
Many open-source software has configurations included in their one-click installer. Expert assistance, free migrations, and built-in security features are all available to Dreamhost customers.
Shared hosting, email hosting, managed WordPress hosting, VPS hosting (Virtual private servers), and dedicated servers are among their hosting choices. They also provide cloud hosting and cloud storage services.
For speedier loading, DreamHost’s plans all have SSD disks. In addition to cPanel, DreamHost employs a unique control panel.
The following are some of the benefits of shared hosting:
- 1 free domain registration and unlimited storage and bandwidth with Let’s Encrypt
- Control panel that is simple to utilize
- Subdomains and email accounts are both unlimited (with WordPress unlimited shared plan)
- WordPress Shared Hosting Pricing may be installed with a single click.
Shared hosting options at DreamHost start at $2.59 per month (3-years billed). The Shared Starter plan can also be paid monthly, however, the cost increases to $4.59 each month.
Upgrade to the WordPress Shared Unlimited plan, which starts at $3.59 per month, for more functionality and email accounts (billed 3-years). You can also add an unlimited number of websites to your account with this package.
Managed WordPress Plan
DreamHost also offers DreamPress, a managed WordPress hosting service. DreamPress is faster than shared hosting by more than 5 times. The Linux servers are geared for WordPress and can manage large traffic spikes (millions of visits) without crashing your website.
In addition, managed WordPress hosting includes:
- WordPress core upgrades are carried out automatically for security reasons.
- For eCommerce sites, a private IP address and SSL certificate are pre-installed, as well as SSD storage and unmetered bandwidth.
- Web application firewall to protect against malware and brute-force attacks.
- Set up a staging site with a single click
- On-demand and daily backups are included with the free website builder.
- Unlimited CDN and Jetpack Professional add-on capabilities are included in the DreamPress Pro and Plus plans.
- For optimal performance, dedicated hosting with your own CPU server resources is available.
In our DreamHost review, we discovered that they offer high-quality, dependable hosting at a low cost. Their plans contain everything you’ll need to get started building your website, as well as the ability to scale up as your business expands.
Customer Service and Support
DreamHost provides email assistance via a ticket system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can submit a support ticket from your DreamHost account dashboard.
They also provide Live Chat service through the panel from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time. For an extra cost, you may also request a callback service.
On their website, they also provide a thorough knowledge base and a forum where you may express your questions. The support crew monitors the forums and responds to most questions within 24 hours.
Many reviews praise the company’s customer service, while other reviewers expressed dissatisfaction with the lack of immediate phone or live chat help (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
While live chat and phone support are helpful for minor concerns, consumers with more complex issues are usually asked to submit a support ticket.
On its website, DreamHost has a comprehensive knowledge library that addresses the most common questions people have regarding hosting. Even if live chat or phone were accessible, if you had a more sophisticated issue, it was unlikely to be resolved promptly.
Is DreamHost the Right Web Host for You?
You may be wondering if DreamHost is the ideal web host for you now that you’ve read through our comprehensive DreamHost review.
We’ve given DreamHost the title of “Best DIY Hosting” for WordPress users after thoroughly reviewing their services.
DreamHost is well-known for its quick and dependable hosting. They’ve received a lot of accolades and have a lot of positive feedback from their clients. However, if you require a great deal of assistance in getting started, it may not be the best option for you.
Live chat hours are limited, and email-based help can be slow. DreamHost is a good choice for DIY customers that desire low costs, a high uptime guarantee, and are confident in their ability to figure things out on their own using the extensive knowledge base.
Are you ready to begin working with DreamHost? Choose your DreamHost plan today by clicking here.
Beginner Friendly Email Marketing Toolkit that will increase your business ROI x10. This will help you make more profit.